Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Hello World! Meet Dreadnought And Shuttle!

Original cover art copyright 2016, Chris Howard


You'd think that after publishing five novels over the course of four years, that number six would be no big deal, but the reality is every time I release a book, it feels like a risk. I worry that the book won't find its readers. That I haven't done a good enough job with the story. That even if I did, it was a fluke and I won't be able to write the next one.

I know that much of this is just release-day jitters. Not only do I get them every time, but so does every other writer I know.

So here's DREADNOUGHT AND SHUTTLE, my sixth published full-length work, and third book of my SF series, Halcyone Space.

You can follow the link to my website or purchase venues and read the marketing synopsis (and I hope you will!) but I wanted to share the very brief description - also called an 'elevator pitch'  here:

When a materials science student gets kidnapped, she's drawn into a conflict between the crew of a sentient spaceship, a weapons smuggling ring, and a Commonwealth-wide conspiracy and must escape before her usefulness as a hostage expires. 
Or you could just say "MacGyver in space" and that would capture a lot of the story of Dev, the woman depicted on the cover.

So, if you'd like to read about conspiracies, sabotage, space travel, political intrigue, a recovering spaceship and her bold crew, give DREADNOUGHT AND SHUTTLE a try. And if you're new to the series, book 1 (DERELICT) is on sale for kindle (0.99) during book 3's release.

Amazon kindle
GoogleBooks
BN (nook)
Kobo
Print (forthcoming)

If DREADNOUGHT AND SHUTTLE is a book you think you would enjoy and you are planning on purchasing it, would you consider buying it during its first two weeks? (From now - June 15th) With even a small number of sales clustered together, the book will get noticed and promoted by Amazon's algorithms.

Even if you aren't planning on purchasing the book, simply putting it on your wishlist can give it a visibility boost. Would you be willing to place DREADNOUGHT AND SHUTTLE on your Amazon wishlist?

Many thanks! 


#SFWApro




email:

  • Free eBook
  • Free/DRM-free short fiction
  • publication news

3 comments:

  1. I just bought it -- going on vacation next week, so you have great timing!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just waiting for it to show up in iBooks...can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssst: It's there now! https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/dreadnought-shuttle-halcyone/id1120751551

      Delete