Friday, July 31, 2015

August Poetry Without Me

For the past handful of years, I've participated in something called the August Poetry Postcard Fest, where poets sign up and commit to writing a poem a day for 31 days on a postcard. Each participant is given a list of 31 names/addresses to send one of the poems to. In return, each participant receives 31 poetry post cards, from all over the US and beyond.

I have - and treasure - all the postcards I've ever received over the years and look forward to it each summer.

But I'm not participating this summer.

While I love the discipline and practice of daily writing, and poetry is my first writing love, this year I wasn't certain I could make and keep the commitment to a month of poetry.

However, I do want to participate on some small level, so if you would like a poem on a postcard from me, please let me know. You can send me your snail mail address via my email (lisa at ljcohen dot net) and you have my assurance that I will ONLY use that address to send you a poem.




email:

  • Free eBook
  • Free/DRM-free short fiction
  • publication news

No comments:

Post a Comment