Saturday, February 07, 2015

The week that was: Icelandic Edition

Sun Voyager, Reykjavik, Iceland

This past week, my husband and I have been traveling through Iceland - a place of astonishing beauty and dramatic vistas. We have found a land and a people who are well suited to one another. Fierce, proud, and pragmatic, Icelanders are also relaxed and hospitable. Everywhere we went, folks were happy to talk about their country and share its wonders with us.

There will be more photos and tales of our adventures in the days to come.

Tonight, we say "goodbye to the living place, and all I ask it to do is to stay alive." (A line of poetry from James Wright that has stuck in my head from when I read it decades ago.)

This has been one of the best holidays I've ever taken and I am counting the days until I can return.

No comments:

Post a Comment