Monday, November 03, 2014

Time and Tithe . . . Waits for no Man

Edit flags on the hard copy of Time and Tithe
I took a hairpin turn from drafting DERELICT book 2 to return to TIME AND TITHE two weeks ago when my lovely beta readers began to return feedback on the revised manuscript.

I recruited a mix of readers - some who had not read the earlier book, THE BETWEEN, because it was important for me to know if I'd done a good enough job with the bread-crumbs so that someone could pick up book 2 and not be confused.

The good news was that I had gotten it almost right.

The better news was their feedback helped me push it even closer.

I've spent the better part of the past two weeks making small tweaks, expanding some chapters, and cleaning out cliches and repetition because the manuscript had a date with its editor in November.

Well, it's November. And besides that deadline, I'm heading out to a writing conference this afternoon that will have me pretty busy until Friday night, so I knew I needed to get the manuscript cleaned up for this morning.

And I did it.

I hope I managed to make the story work. Sequels are always a challenge. And hopefully, my editor won't be cursing me over the next few weeks.

Now I get to return to the SF world of DERELICT after two weeks immersed in the world of the Fae and glamour. My brain is certainly a strange place.

See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment