Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Busy Time, Miscellaneus

Dustin and Tigger


So my dear husband turned to me the other night and said, "you know, you haven't updated your blog in a week."  So I guess he follows my online persona.  LOL.  Well, he's right.  Sorry, guys!

I've been busy focusing on my email list, making sure I've crossed all the 't's and dotted all the 'i's before making it go live.  I'm happy to say as of last night, I have 71 subscribers, most of whom I didn't have to guilt to sign up. :)

The other thing that's been claiming my attention is another new addition to our household.  No, I didn't get a *third* dog.  What I have done is open our home to a new foreign student.  We have had wonderful experiences housing students from outside the US.  A lovely young lady from Bejing, China will be staying with us through the school year as she finishes her HS career here in the states.

So far, she's coping with this odd family she's fallen in with. 

Speaking of our new dog, Dustin is settling in to his new routine as part of our household.  He gets along famously with Tigger, our 6 1/2 year old lab/hound mix.  He loves people and wants nothing more than to be a lap dog.  However.  And it's a big however.  He's not well socialized with other dogs we meet while on leash.

Sigh.

That's when this 12 pound ball of fluff turns into a snarling mess.  He's going to be a work in progress.  I really want him to be calm and comfortable around other dogs.  To that end, we're going to start an obedience class next week.  I never had to go that route with Tigger, but then again, she came to us as a 5 month old pup.  Dustin is of indeterminate age, and without any clue to his history other than he was so badly matted when he was found on the streets that he had to be shaved down to the skin.  I imagine that he had to be aggressive to survive.

And finally, I miss my college-age son.  When I was his age and at school, I barely gave my parents another thought.  I believe I am being punished for my callous self-centeredness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment