Thursday, August 04, 2011

It's August--Time for the Postcard Poetry Fest

For several years now, I've participated in the August Postcard Poetry Fest wherein poets get a list of 31 names/addresses and write an original postcard poem for each person on the list.  In return, the poet receives 31 original postcard poems from 31 writers all over the world.

I still have all the postcards I've ever received.

This year, I have started a series called "Homecoming," using images from photos of our fire and reconstruction process.  I'm not sure I'll be able to sustain this for the entire month, but I'm hoping to have a solid collection of related poems by the end.

For your enjoyment, the first several postcards that have gone out into the world:


Photo by Qubitso,licensed via CC. http://www.flickr.com/photos/29494283@N04/4088926648/sizes/m/in/photostream/


    








1 comment: