Friday, December 10, 2010

Today's Lesson: Receiving

I'm not the kind of person who likes to ask for help.  I function.  I push.  I cope.  It's all about self-reliance. 

Until this week.

I am learning lessons about asking for and accepting help.  There is a kind of grace in receiving and I didn't understand that before.  I also didn't understand that insisting on going it alone shuts other people out and deprives them of the grace of giving.

I know all about the grace of giving.  I am a caregiver both in my personal life and my professional life.  There is so much I receive from the process of giving to others.  Now I am in a position where others are giving to me and perhaps my discomfort says something important about myself I have to learn to face.

We are in this life together.  Sometimes it is crazy beautiful and astounding.  Sometimes we are all struggling to keep the cook fire burning, food in our bellies, and the predators at bay. 

It's a great comfort to know I'm not alone in the dark.

You are all there with me.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Important lesson for all of us. Glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete