Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back to work time and odds/ends

If there's one thing I'm really good at, it's frittering away time.  I have been guilty of doing a lot of that lately, especially where social networking is involved.  There is something more than a little obsessive about checking feeds and FB and emails.  It feels like work, but isn't.



Today, I'm going to start with some timed writing.  Nothing too stressful--maybe 20 minute writing sprints.  My goal is to be firmly back on track with my 1K per day/5K per week pace by mid October, with an eye toward finishing the first draft of the current WIP by sometime in December.  Not a snail's pace, but not a "NaNoWriMo" pace either.  But it is a pace I can be comfortable with.

Now that I have a better ergonomic set up in my office--a dropped/adjustable keyboard tray--I should have an easier time of writing.  You'd think that nearly 25 years of working with ergonomics and repetitive trauma would keep me ahead of the game in taking care of myself.  But no.  I am a card carrying member of the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do school of human nature.



When I'm done with my word sprints, I'm going to set up some pizza dough for tonight's dinner.  (Is that TMI? Do you really care?  Probably not, but that's okay.)

Did a lecture at our local library this week on canning and preserving local/seasonal food.  It was a rainy, dreary, work night and I was surprised and delighted to have a wonderful, engaged audience.

And had another guest piece published in our local paper.  W00t! 

Hope all is well in your part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment