Monday, August 09, 2010

August Poetry Postcard Fest: Days 4-6

Sorry, but I'm behind in posting these.  Being away from home and without access to a scanner or easy transfer of digital cameras means I can't capture the actual postcards.  But here are a few of my postcard poems for your enjoyment.




August 4, 2010


This is the way I remember you,
juggling apples while I tried
not to laugh.  Everyone at the market
stared, my cheeks, apple round,
apple flushed.  I was never
as sweet as you imagined
but you insisted tart apples
were always your favorite.




August 5, 2010

Mont-Tremblant, Cafe

Early morning birdsong,
rise and fall of rapidfire
notes.  I am tune deaf,
rhythm blind, my instinct
to home almost as strong
as this need to linger
over one more cafe au lait.



August 6, 2010

I could tell you fog slithered
along the asphalt and you might
think of snakes.  If I mentioned
tendrils, maybe you'd imagine a road
kill Medusa, spread eagled across
the median, hair shifting, coiling
in a light breeze.  I could say
the deer ghosted out of those trees,
its hooves vanishing into mist and still
you would not understand
how my heart hurdled the distance
between accelerator and brake.

No comments:

Post a Comment