Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A writer's notebook is a strange place

So here I am in Bozeman Montana and since I had an appendectomy last week, wasn't at all sure I would be able to do any skiing.  But hope springs eternal, and yesterday I figured I'd try the easy groomers, but just in case, I brought a little spiral notebook and pen with me.  That way, I could write in the lodge while the boys skiied with their dad.

Well, it was a beautiful blue sky day with perfectly groomed packed powder on a bunch of the intermediate runs and I ended up skiing the day.  (Yay!)

It wasn't until we got home that I realized my little notebook was left at the lodge.

And it's filled with all sorts of bizarre and random free writes, along with the draft opening to the sequel of "The Between."  And no name or contact information.

It's going to be a pretty strange read for anyone, assuming they can decipher my handwriting.  I only hope whoever found it either left it in the lodge or gave it to lost and found.  Some of the free writes were going to be fodder for poetry.

But if the book is gone forever, maybe it will inspire the finder to do a little writing of his or her own.  That would be cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment