Saturday, November 21, 2009

Odds and ends, redux

I'm spending a few days visiting with my parents in Florida.  For a change, it's actually warm and sunny.  It usually decides to rain when I get here.  Because of that, I neglected to pack a bathing suit.  Perhaps that's why I have blue skies and 80 degree weather.

I may be a grown, married woman with children of her own, but when I'm with my folks, part of me still feels like a gawky adolescent.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I guess it reminds me I am still their child, no matter that some of the decisions we need to make turn the tables on our relationship, force me into the role of parenting my parents.

Not a comfortable place to be in, especially since I have always been the 'baby' of the family.

But I am the one with the training and experience to navigate the health care system and to help guide the uncomfortable decisions about living situations, safety, and medical choices.

Little wonder I've not written much in the past few days.  I know Matt and "Future Tense" are waiting for me and perhaps working on the story will provide a break from the difficult emotional work that lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment