Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dealing with odds and ends

I'm scattered today.  Too many things on my 'to do' list, with an absolute deadline to do them in.  I get on a plane tomorrow morning to manage some family issues relating to my parents' health and will be out of town for 5 days.

In the era of computer everything, that shouldn't be such a big deal, but there are some things that being there in person is the only way.

So, I'm figuring out how to cover the myriad of little things I do on a daily basis, like 2 teenagers who need to be at certain places at a certain times, and the problem solving with our contractors as they (hopefully!) finish up the work of resurrecting our house after the plumbing disaster.

Being the parent who works from home, all these little and not so little daily issues usually fall to me.

I do know my boys are pretty capable and fairly independent.  While I also know their room will be a federal disaster area when I get home (no one to nag them to put their clothes away), a messy room isn't the end of the universe as we know it.  And quite honestly, if that's the worst 2 teenage boys can dish out, I am a fortunate woman indeed.

I will, of course, be taking the computer with me and my goal is to keep on my 1k/day writing pace.

So it's off to organize and clean my house today.  In a moment of lunacy, I volunteered to teach a how to make bread class as a fundraiser for a local community organization.  And it's tonight.  As ever, my timing is perfect.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment