Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting ready for Halloween

I've slogged through the doldrums and am starting to get into the Halloween spirit. (pun intended!)

I spent much of the day yesterday making my 13 yo son a dalek costume. For those of you who aren't familiar with the world of Dr. Who, it is a long running British sci fi serial about an immortal Time Lord who travels through time and space in a TARDIS, his time machine that is stuck looking like a British police call box.

I am a Dr. Who fan from my childhood, in the Tom Baker era. (The Doctor has been played by 11 different actors over the years.) I've utterly ruined my own children's chance for sanity by exposing them to Dr. Who and Monty Python from an early age. :)

My son is trick or treating with two friends, also in Dr. Who costume, one as the Doctor, one as his nemesis, the Master.

Gives me hope for the future.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment