Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Future Tense" at 5K

I've been cruising along at 1K a day for the past 5 days since I started brainstorming for "Future Tense." I'm finding Matt's voice and his motivations.

I think I'm doing a better job right off the bat at making this fully YA. Angst and insecurity? Yes, but with an edginess and latent sense of danger. This is a bit darker than anything I've written before. I'm exploring more psychological territory.

One of the things I've noticed about my own writing process is that I need to constantly push my own comfort zone. If I'm writing at the same level and the same intensity as my last story, then I'm not growing as a writer.

If I can pull this one off, it may be the strongest story I've written yet.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are blazing right through this book. Keep pushing yourself outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete