Thursday, July 16, 2009

The internet, research, and networking

I needed some information about how a high school counselor might handle an abrupt change in behavior seen in a student for a scene I'm reworking in 'The House of Many Doors.'

While I attended HS (many moons ago!) and am the parent of a HS student, I was unable to answer the question based on either experience.

So I put out a call on Facebook and in chat at Forward Motion for Writers. In a trice (fun to use old fashioned words in talking about technology!), I was given several resources and links to resources that would answer my question.

It reinforced several issues for me: first, that we know more and have more connections through our various networks than we realize, and second, that writers are a generous and giving group of folks.

So thank you to my FB friends and my FM chat friends for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment