Thursday, March 19, 2009

Live from New York. . .

When I'm not writing, I'm the parent of two teen age boys. Sometimes I even need to do things for them that aren't about working on my novels. This is one of those times.

I'm in New York City attending the Columbia University School of Journalism conference on Student Journalism with a delegation of middle school journalists. These 7th and 8th graders are dedicated and motivated and are some of the few representatives of a middle school newspaper. The paper also wins awards year after year, and in competition with high school and college papers.

I'm sitting here in a session on copyright and the students in group I am with are taking notes and asking questions, acting like true journalists.

That's because they are.

I'll be blogging more later.

Over and out, from the land of yellow taxis, tall buildings, and the world's best bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment