Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wrestling with character

I'm working on a YA urban fantasy that takes place both in our world and in Fairy. I have a strong sense of my 2 main protagonists, Lydia and Clive. I've written up to 20K, roughly the first 1/3 of the story, and have gotten to some of the secondary characters that are important to the plot.

One of these is Oberon. Yes, that Oberon. King of the Fairies.

I need to know who he is in this story and he's just not talking right now.

I'm going to give him a few days, but then it'll be time for the interrogation techniques.

So how do you threaten the King of the Fairies???

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it can be frustrating when characters are stubborn. Sometimes, even when you've "developed" them the "real" character doesn't settle in until you've written a couple pages for them.

    ReplyDelete