Monday, January 08, 2007

"House of Many Doors" at 26K

My critique circle at Forward Motion has instituted a challenge (translation--kick in the ass) for its members. Make a monthly writing goal, then note your progress towards it. It's non-competitive and is a good way for me to get back into the discipline of regular writing.

My goal for January is to write a minimum of 1K per day or work 1 hour a day on a current writing project, at least 5 of 7 days in the week.

It's specific and realistic given the balancing act between work, family, and writing that I must perform on a daily basis.

I'm happy to say I'm on track.

Week one of January:
---2 hours of editing on "MindBlind",
---2 hours of outlining/brainstorming for "House of Many Doors" (HoMD),
---2K written for "HoMD"

With a projected length for "HoMD" of approx 60K, I'm nearly halfway there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good group of writers. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete