Monday, November 21, 2005

Picking myself up and brushing myself off. . .

OK. So I let myself wallow in self pity for a few hours. (Well--maybe a few days. . .) But after getting some wonderful words of support along with a few swift kicks (both needed, both appreciated), I'm back in the game.

(Wow--how many metaphors can I mix here?)

I took a hard, critical look at my query letter for "The Wings of Winter." This is the query letter I though I had polished to perfection and you know what? It's flat. Boring. *I* wouldn't go out of my way to read the book it described. So, I rewrote it drastically. The revised, revised query is now on its way to several more agents.

I'm just about ready to send my poetry manuscript out for the Tupelo Press contest and I think I found the key to breaking through my block on "MindBlind."

December's going to be a busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment