So I guess either I drown my sorrows in chocolate truffles or give myself a kick in the ass for wallowing in completely undeserved self-pity.
OK--counting my blessings:
- supportive family
- husband who cherishes me and who I consider my best and closest ally in this world
- children who are healthy and safe and who still hug me, unasked
- the basics--food/shelter/clothing
- puppy! Nothing like puppy-dog eyes or a gentle lick when you are feeling blue
- communities of writers--poetry and fiction who aren't afraid to tell it like it is
- friends who send me silly jokes via email, or call to tell me about a book I might like, or who pop in for a cup of tea
- high speed internet access. :)
- THE SUN!!!!!! which is just peeking out from thick clouds. Oh Happy Day!
- Whole Foods market's chocolate truffles.